serves 4 or for 2 twice!
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 16 oz. whole green beans (frozen)
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thin
- 4 medium tomatoes (cut in bite size pieces, with watery sections removed)
- Grated cheese (can really be any kind you have, even american cheese works.)
Cook string beans as package directs. I like mine kind of snappy so i cook a little shorter than directed! Then through in a colander and run under cold water to stop cooking let drain and dry in sink.
In a medium glass bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, honey, zest, and mustard, 1 ¼ tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
Place the string beans, tomatoes, and onions in a medium bowl and add dressing to moisten. Sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper. Toss, place in refrigerator to get cool also good at room temp. Use extra dressing to taste before serving. Works well if you make the night before also. I do that so i have some for dinner tonight and some for the next day.
When ready to serve sprinkle with cheese and toss.
NOTE: if you keep in refrigerator overnight take out at least an hour in advance for dressing to thin.